DeepSurface is changing how companies address risk in their cybersecurity systems by empowering our customers to be radically better at protecting their organizations. We’re a fast-growing, software development company headquartered in Portland, OR.
We’re a team of self-starters with deep expertise. We value pragmatic solutions and being good to each other. We move fast, but with discipline, and rely on team members to listen, think, and then build the best products for our customers. If you love working in collaborative teams, take a high degree of initiative, and have a history of extreme ownership, then we’d love to meet you.
DeepSurface Security has great benefits, a very flexible work environment, and a commitment to hiring diversely. Our benefits include a generous holiday policy, unlimited PTO, company paid health, dental and life insurance, and a 401(k) plan. All roles are currently remote, but we plan to go back into our Portland offices part-time after COVID.
Our DeepSurface product provides information security professionals with a clear view of the threats that exist in their networks, systems, and applications. Our approach revolutionizes vulnerability management and threat modeling by providing visibility, priority, and metrics where none exist.
We are currently looking for a Software Development Manager to lead our engineering team, which comprises development, DevOps and QA. The position requires several years of experience in professional software development, with some of that time spent in a leadership role. Are you a builder and a problem solver? You just might be the fit we’re looking for.
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of experience in software development, and at least 3 years in a software development leadership position. Exemplary communication skills are a necessity. A background in Linux development and/or cybersecurity/infosec would be beneficial. Additionally, this candidate would thrive in a collaborative environment with team players, be comfortable taking initiative to produce results, collaborate effectively with a talented team, and have the ability to suggest and carry out practical actions to deal with issues.
We develop both on-prem and SaaS solutions; we expect you to have experience with both. A working understanding of software and security landscapes in both Linux and Windows will be incredibly helpful.
Duties & Qualifications
The primary duties of this role include:
- Plan, budget and track the development of DeepSurface technologies
- Lead small, cross-functional teams that ensure our software is the best it can be
- Grow our teams through hiring, training, and promotion
- Maintain and champion our software standards and best practices
- Constantly reassess how to make our technical teams better at what they do
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Software development leadership experience, 3+ years
- Software development experience, 6+ years
- Some development experience on Linux platforms
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Nice to have:
- An keen interest in cybersecurity
- Knowledge and experience with Windows technologies
- Familiarity with Python and PostgreSQL
- An understanding of Azure and AWS infrastructures
- Ability to, on occasion, get hands-on with root-cause analysis and release management
Interested? We're excited to hear from you! Please apply here.